Sunday, June 12, 2005

Isaac Asimov is rolling over in his grave

I finally got around to renting I, Robot on disk yesterday and watched it.

Bridget Moynahan, who plays Dr. Susan Calvin, is smokingly hot.
Now, as I recall, when I was reading Isaac Asimov's robot SF, Susan Calvin was never described as ugly, but she was most certainly not described as hot. Or anything approaching that description.

Still, it's not a bad film, and I liked it, and it had some good thought provokement.

I thought it was interesting that the only brief nudity in the film is not Moynahan's, but Will Smith. Score one against the double standards...speaking of which, piss me off unbelievably. Nudity is nudity is nudity. Frontal female nudity is considered less risqué than frontal male nudity. Whatacrockashit.

Still, Susan Calvin = hot = Isaac Asimov is rolling over in his grave. I suspect he was a lot more concerned with developing Calvin as a character based on development, not on T&A.

No comments:

Post a Comment