Saturday, June 04, 2005

I feel vaguely cleansed

I went to go see Sin City tonight on the big screen. Boy, did it rock. And it serves as penance for Frank Miller, whose last work on screen I remember was Robocop 3 (ughhh).

Sin City had the colossal body count and gratuitous violence I associate with Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino. Guys who desperately needed to get killed, get killed in Sin City, in unbelievably graphic fashion. Man, is that therapeutic.

It sure beats the fuck out of the Disney Channel and interminably formulaic police dramas.

Now I can stop saying that the last movie I saw on the big screen was Home On The Range.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, Carla Gugino...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other movie that comes to mind when I think of Carla Gugino is The One.

    But Carla Gugino in a thong and a gun and nothing else is perfectly fine by me, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think it was a poor directorial choice to have her killed; in fact, I think the movie would've been better served as a vehicle for her to be strutting around a lot in a thong and a gun. Of course, the theatre would've smelt funny after a while...

    ReplyDelete