Wednesday, June 22, 2005

5.0mi, 41:46

Wendy Carlos, "Suicide Scherzo"
Ira Stein, "Engravings"

WX at 0700: 69.1 (20.6), DP 60.1 (15.6), BP 29.93 (1013), NW 5 haze, RH 73%

Odometer 3: 65.5mi

Z4
Resting heart rate before start = 62 (121/81)

While I was nominally running the Carlisle Barracks 5-mile course, I wasn't carrying the map with me and may have shaved a few tenths of a mile from the course near the end. That's probably made up by the double back I took midway through the course since I didn't think I was on the right path.

While I was busting my ass to run hard, I wasn't putting forth much in the way of speed. Not surprisingly, my quads were well smoked, even after the rest day I took yesterday.

The only thing I did yesterday was to take out my new STX Eclipse goalie crosse and hammer the tennis practice wall in the gym on post for about an hour. I realized just how long it'd been since I was throwing the rock, so to speak, since my forearms and deltoids were totally not used to cranking away with a goalie crosse, even one as light as the Eclipse. It really is a superbly accurate goalie crosse, even with the factory Doc pocket.

BTW - yet another reason to get nothing but STX gear. How unbelievably amazing.

Tomorrow needs to be a recovery day. Maybe I'll road march on Friday as an alternative cross-training exercise.

Splits
None. I'll have to run the course a little more to become familiar with the split marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment