Sunday, August 06, 2006

Still going strong after all these years

The usual fate of most bands to which I religiously listen is oblivion. Members of that list include that dog., Letters to Cleo, The Delphines, Suddenly, Tammy!, Cub, Velocity Girl, all kaput. Never mind that literally all of them are fronted by chicks.

It's comforting to know The Bats are still hacking away at it after all this time. I've been listening to them since late 1994. They are one of the few bands that fall in the category of "will buy immediately without vetting it." That list has gotten shorter as of late: Throwing Muses (and incidentally, 50 Foot Wave), Tommy Keene, and For Against.

If I hadn't been in a combat zone this past March, it sure would've been nice to have seen them in concert.

Of course, I could just as easily say that about Hilary Duff playing for Fort Bragg, NC, my old duty station. Never mind I used to work within grenade launcher distance of the place at which she performed...

No comments:

Post a Comment