Monday, August 28, 2006

10,000m on Concept Model C, 43:49, 27 AUG 06, Fort Leavenworth KS

Scott Cossu, "Demeter/Rejoicing"

WX at 0800: 71 (22), DP 69 (21), BP 29.97 (1014), S 7 rain; patches of fog; mist, RH 93%

Odometer 2: 112.9mi

Z4.

Today was a surprisingly fast day - although maybe not as I'd taken two days off consecutively, which is rare, and probably should be rare.

Today's time factored in two stops to retighten foot straps. The Concept2 here at Fort Leavenworth has footstraps that won't hold for sustained rowing.

On the bright side, after about 30 minutes, I was holding about 2:05/500m for about a 1200-1500m stretch. Even after a fair amount of spinning at that speed, I was still able to finish spinning under 2:00/500m, at what amounted to a Z5 sprint finish.

Although I've entertained the thought of shifting my training to 2000m sprints, I don't see myself a dedicated enough indoor rower to really contemplate that thought - and it also doesn't work for what I'm rowing for in the first place (an alternative aerobic workout that also works other body parts).

After an extremely hard night of drinking Friday night, which left Household6 in a predictably irate mood all weekend, I didn't do shit yesterday.

I'm glad I went this morning to do what I did. It was horizontal rain for most of the rest of the day. Ordinarily, I wouldn't mind running in that - except that I normally budget those for days when I have literally nothing else going on.

I realize that the last time I had those kind of days I was on temporary duty without dependents or single. Some idle food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment