Sunday, May 04, 2014

10,000m on Concept2 Model D, 43:36.0, 4 MAY 14, Kabul, Afghanistan

Today is day 163 of the campaign.

iThink:
Dynamedion, "We Are Loud"
The Axis of Awesome, "Four Chord Song"
Above & Beyond pres. Oceanlab, "On A Good Day" (Jer Martin Remix)

WX at Noon (16) May 04     53 (12)     51 (11)     30.09 (1019)     ENE 5  RH 93

Odometer 14A: 101.8mi

Z4.  Average/max heart rate = 163/171

Today might've been a good day for a run.  Or so I thought when the light rain turned into heavy rain, that turned into torrential rain, that turned into torrential hail so loud that it was a loud roar from all the ice falling out of the sky, that was washed away by the torrential rain that followed, that was chased by a second spate of heavy rain.

As a result, the first iThink was natural, particularly after playing the Flash game Effing Hail a few years ago - I got to be pretty good at it, so that's what I think of when I think of hail.

As a result, I was pretty confident I wasn't going to go running today, and so turned my attention to the erg, where I figured I was going to crank 10,000.  The usual was to go pretty fast, then barely hang on for what I thought I could get, which was about the norm.

I should do something else, but I frankly don't feel very motivated to do much else other than this.  Okay.  Back to the salt mines.  At least I got something in today.

Splits
Distance:    10000
Time:    43:36.0
Avg/500m:    02:10.8
Drag Factor:    104
Per Mile:    00:07:01

No comments:

Post a Comment