Monday, July 25, 2005

5.0mi, 43:27

Nerdy Girl, "Iceman"

WX at 1900: 92 (33), DP 72 (22), BP 29.85 (1010.6), NW 9 clear, RH 52%

Odometer 3: 139.6mi

Z3 mid.
Resting heart rate before start = no reading.

I slept in after yesterday's monster hash. Actually, I woke up early and finished my homework that I didn't do because of yesterday's monster hash.

Nothing fancy today, but I did get a pair of RaceReady shorts. I got the 3/4 split cut ones with the 1" inseam. I have no modesty issues, because I frankly don't fucking care. It does work really well to not have to pull my shorts back from between my chubby legs.

When I was in high school I could still get away with wearing split shorts. I was a lot thinner back then, too.

Still, the shorts are nice. Expensive, but well worth the expense. I can't wait to try them out on a longer run.

For it being 92 degrees the relative humidity made it tolerable (and my glacial pace). I didn't feel that bad. Then again, I wasn't trying to go that hard either.

The gnats were out in force. I'm still picking some off my skin as I type.

Splits
initial half or so: 5:02
1: 8:33 generally flat and pavement, some uphill
2: 8:47 mostly uphill on cinder
3: 8:46 rolling on cinder
4: 8:20 all pavement, some downhill, but mostly flat
final half or so: 3:57 flat with one rill and uphill finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment