Wednesday, October 04, 2006

8,000m on Concept2 Model C, 35:30, 4 OCT 06, Fort Leavenworth KS

Ray (last name unknown), "A Song to Help You Keep Your Job" {This is fucking brilliant.}

WX at 0700: 66.9 (19.4) DP 55.0 (12.8) BP 30.07 (1018) NW 12 mostly cloudy RH 65%

Odometer 1: 421.0mi, but really N/A

Z3.

Today was going to be an easy day. Nothing hard, nothing particularly ambitious.

"A Song To Help You Keep Your Job" is courtesy of my professor from the Army War College, who is in many ways one of the sustaining influences of my particularly specialty.

What should be outlawed: spinning on the erg and having three not unatrractive women in spandex walk behind me and trail their perfume, thus, distracting me incessantly without the recourse of being able to see.

This caused me to deviate slightly faster than the 2:12-2:15/500m I intended, as I realized I was cranking 2:09/500m as a result. Discipline, discipline, discipline!

Still, when my ankle (which I broke in 3 places a few years ago) is acting up and flares in distinctly unpleasant ways when I attempt to change direction quickly, rowing is my recourse since I've been officially disallowed from running because of what in my profession is known as a temporary profile.

More to follow on why I want to "whip somebody's ass" later, unrelated to profiles, perfume, or spandex.

Splits
8000m on Concept2 Model C: 35:30.5
Average split 2:13.2/500m
Drag Factor 183

No comments:

Post a Comment