Monday, November 07, 2005

~11mi, 97:14, 7 November 2005, COB Speicher IZ

Jennifer Trynin - If I Had Anything To Say (Don't You Think I Would Have Said It All)

Odometer 3: 289.0mi

Z3 steady state LSD.

Cool, dry. Cooler, but I didn’t drink enough water beforehand. This would come back to haunt me as I hit the turnaround point and realized that I’d have to cut across the unpaved part of my COB. I ran that looking at the ground hoping “it would sure suck to step on a UXO (unexpoded ordnance) and blow my fucking leg off and bleed out because I’m hundreds of meters away from damn anybody.” It was that or run the distance back, which was 7 miles. Uh-huh. Thus, I didn’t really count on a hour and a half run, although I probably could have benefited from it.

I was averaging about 9 minutes/mile. I think part of it is just trying to settle, and some of it is the fact that I have to dodge traffic and other stuff on roads and trails. I need to slough off fat before I can start concentrating on speed. This means more LSD. Tomorrow, however, is going to be a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment