Saturday, May 28, 2005

A topic near and dear to my heart

As some will note, I have a link to the Dead Runners Society on this blog. One of the more elite (and I don't use that word facetiously) guys on the list is a 2:30 marathoner who broke his back a few years before he started running excessively fast marathons.

While Erik (from what I can tell on his blog profile) fesses up to be a Christian (and takes it pretty seriously at that), he's not (from what I can tell in his discourse) one of the excessively preachy Xtians who believe in legislating morality...

So, with that leadin, here's Erik's take on legislating morality.

Also cited in Erik's blog entry is another piece from another Xtian who builds the 'legislating morality is not sound practice in a democracy' (as opposed to a theocracy).

If I find out the US turned into a theocracy, it's time to resign my commission and go move somewhere else. Of course, what the hell do you do if you're a professional soldier and you want to move somewhere else?

1 comment:

  1. I believe the post at Parableman you are referring to is this one. The post URLs have all changed.

    ReplyDelete