Monday, May 09, 2005

5.84mi, 47:30

Rachel Loy, "Love Me Too Much"
Chris Stamey, "14 Shades of Green"

WX at 1300: 79.0 (26.1), DP 39.9 (4.4), BP 30.02 (1016), NE 10, RH 24%

Odometer 1: 448mi

Z2 to Z3 suck.
Resting heart rate before start = no reading.

I came back from the in-laws' yesterday since Household6 wanted to go see her youngest brother and his two kids. Yawn. I didn't get back until 10pm last night and after a few hours of hard driving, I felt like ass when I woke up.

There's a certain threshold beyond which you pay for enforced caffeination. There are ways to get around it (more caffeine, nicotine, other stuff) but when you're actively attempting to stay awake after ingesting more than, say, 120mg of caffeine, you're taking a risk by digging that deep.

I woke up this morning and felt like the consummate weenie, so I slept in. And it felt good. Nonetheless, I still felt like I needed to get a run today, and I started at 1:00pm. What a fucking colossal mistake! Five minutes after starting the run I realized I hadn't drank enough water beforehand.

The distinctive sensation of skin peeling off your lips is a telltale indicator that you were a fucking retard and didn't properly prepare for the run. In spite of it, I realized that if I turned back, I'd pussy out for good, so I decided not to turn back and drink up.

Today, consequently, was supposed to be a hard day. It wasn't particularly fast, it wasn't particularly productive, but it was particularly hard.

These distances are approximate since I haven't digitally mapped the route I did today in exactitude.

Splits
2.92 24:14 24:14 24:14
2.92 47:30 23:16 23:30 08:08

No comments:

Post a Comment