Wednesday, May 04, 2005

5.0mi, 40:10

Puffy Ami Yumi, theme to Teen Titans
W.A. Mozart, Symphony No. 40 in g minor, KV 550, Andante
W.G. Snuffy Walden, opening credits to My So-Called Life
FEAR, "I Don't Care About You"
A*Teens, "It's You"
Cooler Kids, "E Is For Everybody"

WX at 0700: 46.9 (8.3), DP 44.1 (6.7), BP 30.21 (1023), winds NNE 5, RH 89%

Odometer 1: 434mi

Z2-3.
Resting heart rate before start = 53 (126/87)

Time to start looking for replacement shoes. I didn't go very hard and my knees hurt. With the amount of mileage on these, it's about high time I started looking at new ones. In the past, I've gotten about 300-400mi from a pair, with a little longer when I alternate shoes. It works better when both shoes are the same type for that method, but the two I use aren't that much different.

Recovery run this morning. Mozart was sparked by realizing that 20 years ago, I was in the University of Virginia's Summer Enrichment Program in a morning or two actually not that dissimilar to this one, and that summer of 1985, I listened to a lot of classical. As a 13 year old. Really.

I have Glenn McDonald's commentary on Puffy to cite for the Teen Titans song, on MSCL for the W.G. Snuffy Walden, as well as his discussion of the Corrs sounding like "a less-lithe A*Teens covering Stretch Princess songs with only the most token Celtic touches." It's actually a shame that the Corrs don't enjoy more airplay in the US, even if their album In Blue sounded so much like a Shania Twain album (Mutt Jones produced it, after all) that I wanted to gag every once in a while.

The Cooler Kids song follows since the first A*Teens song that comes to mind is from the Kim Possible soundtrack.

I have no idea why I was thinking of a song as antisocial as FEAR's "I Don't Care About You" since the line that immediately follows it in the refrain to the song is "Fuck You."

Splits
2.5 20:25 20:25 08:10
2.5 40:10 19:45 07:54 07:56

No comments:

Post a Comment