Monday, May 30, 2005

7.53mi, 63:04

The Reputation, "Some Senseless Day"
Corrosion of Conformity, "What(?)"
Michael Kamen, Band of Brothers Suite 2
Randy Edelman, "Armistead and Hancock Are Hit" from Gettysburg: Commemorative Edition Soundtrack

WX at 0800: 69 (21), DP 57 (14), BP 30.00 (1015), NNE 9, light rain, RH 66%

Odometer 3: 28.5mi

Z3 slow start, with tempo run finish
Resting heart rate before start = no reading this morning.

I so did not feel like going for a run. I'm not sure if it's because of walking around at the Pope AFB Air Show most of Saturday afternoon getting dehydrated or if it was a more generalized case of "I don't give a fuck."

However, there was a very marked acceleration near the end, and it was a good tempo run at finish. It did take me the better part of 35 minues to warm up. Not so good in that department, but the finish was very efficient and worked well.

Today being Memorial day, I was reminded of one particular piece of movie footage, and that was the waving American flag briefly displayed as Union infantry launched deadly accurate grazing fire into MG George E. Pickett's division (during what is popularly known as Pickett's Charge) as depicted in the film Gettysburg.

I found out yesterday that a warrant officer I had known in passing when I was in the 82d Airborne Division's cavalry squadron died when his OH-58D helicopter was shot down. I held no illusions as to the permanence of my companions in the profession of arms, but the war has brought that home in sharper contrast than I had expected when I was commissioned.

Splits
2.51 21:28 21:28 08:33
0.98 29:50 08:22 08:32
4.04 63:04 33:14 08:14 08:23

No comments:

Post a Comment