Tuesday, March 24, 2009

10,000m on Concept2 Model D, 44:37.2, 25 MAR 09, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 407 of the campaign.

iThink:
Bear McCreary, "One Year Later"
Bear McCreary, "A Sign of Things to Come"

WX at 0030: 41 (5) DP 39 (4) BP 30.03 (1017) Calm RH 93

Odometer 4 at 50% equivalency: 129.1mi

Z4.
Average/max heart rate = no reading

I was thinking about going for a run but neglected to check the weather and most of my cold weather gear is packed away already.

I decided to take my chances to see if no one was on the Concept tonight, and no one was, so I decided to hop on. I was hurting, but I needed to work out, so I decided to stag on - and so it goes. I started controlled, at about 2:15/500m, but that was about all I was good for at the end, regardless of how hard I was going, and it was pretty hard near the end.

I also had some tightness of breath this morning, but it seems to have gone away and it was okay this evening. I don't have any history of asthma, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I shameless attribute tonight's iThink (punctuated by watching Japan win some real (as opposed to MLB) World Series of Baseball or something) to the season finale of Battlestar Galactica. That, and tonight's workout is the closer to my second consecutive anniversary spent away from home, and it sucks, regardless of how things are here or there.

Splits
Distance: 10000
Time: 00:44:37
Per 500m: 02:14
Drag Factor : 181
Per Mile: 00:07:11

No comments:

Post a Comment