Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I fucking hate the Office 2007 UI

When I was in Afghanistan, I would have put a controlled pair into anyone who was going to put it on my computer.

I have since returned to a noncombat environment and I no longer have the luxury of running Office 2003.

Whoever came up with the new Ribbon user interface needs to be kicked in the nuts repeatedly, because over a decade of using the basic user interface in Microsoft Office 97, 2000, XP, and 2003 (which spans over a decade) has gone straight down the shitter.

There are some features in Microsoft Office 2007 I like, but not many.

Unfortunately, the most visible feature (The Ribbon) is the one I fucking hate with a passion.

1 comment:

  1. Here is a link to the guy who's nuts need to be attacked.

    Where possible I have started using google apps rather than office.

    ReplyDelete