Tuesday, October 11, 2005

WARNORD 1, impending deployment

I usually use this for just a running log. Time for some more substantial content.

Given my current profession, it was a matter of time before I was going to go to either a sandy or a mountainous place.

Right now, it's a sandy place. I'll be one of the first strategic planners to deploy in a division headquarters in a combat zone. Charmingly, it also happens to be my first combat deployment.

The last time I deployed overseas was with the 1st Squadron, 7th Cavalry for an INTRINSIC ACTION exercise in early 1997.

I leave Fayetteville to go to the CONUS (Continental US) Replacement Center (CRC)for Iraq augmentees on Saturday.

And for all those geeks who want to take me to task for "WARNORD," go look at Joint Publication 1-02. Harrumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment