Saturday, October 29, 2005

5.6mi, 54:25

Liz Story, "Escape of the Circus Ponies"

WX at 1100: 55.9 (13.3), DP 46.9 (8.3), BP 30.21 (1023), Calm, RH 72%

Odometer 4: 102.8mi

Z4.

The pathetically slow time relative to distance on this run would point to my run location this time. McKelligon Canyon Road is a rather unpleasant uphill. It's been a long while since I've had my legs start burning from lactic acid generation, but it was a good intermediate length run. Not surprisingly, I found it a fairly hard run.

Google Earth reports my start point at 4239 feet MSL. By the time I'd cleared the first hill, less than a mile later, my altitude was 4451 feet MSL. The turnaround for the run ended up being almost 3 miles later, at 4982 feet MSL. So I guess this is what it feels to be a mile up. Discussions of Mile High Club do not apply...as Household6 is not here, and to be honest, those rocks are kind of hard...

The weather was quite nice, though. I can only imagine the hurt box that would've ensued had I gone on a warmer day.

This is going to be my last run for a little while...

Splits
None, but the descent included a mile at 7:15 and the next at 7:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment