Sunday, August 01, 2004

4.8mi, 42:58

Juliana Hatfield, "My Enemy"
Michael Kamen, "Main Titles" to Band of Brothers
The Smiths, "What Difference Does It Make?"

Z3 most of the way, excepting uphill segments, the last of which I did at Z4.
I woke up envisioning this as "5 miles of slop," a.k.a, junk miles. Not quite as junk as I thought it might end up.

WX at 0700: temp 75(24), DP 75(24), BP 30.02(1016), winds NNE 8 (heavily attenuated by trees), mist.

One significant difference this morning was stretching before departure. I've eschewed stretching the last few years, thinking I didn't really need it. While there was some study I heard about on NPR's All Things Considered that mentioned how stretching didn't help prevent injury, it does allow for easier running. I hadn't thought about that until recently.
The stretches I did are located at http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/Stretch.htm for those who are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment