Saturday, July 31, 2004

7mi, 60:28

"Thomas the Tank Engine" (some song that plays on a videotape my kids like. I couldn't get this damn song out of my head.)
R.E.M., "Driver 8"
James Horner, "Hymn" (from the soundtrack to Courage Under Fire)
Scott Cossu and Eugene Friesen, "Wedding at Jenny Lake"
Journey, "Suzanne"
Corrosion of Conformity, "Kiss of Death"

Z3 most of the way. My legs are totally smoked even after three days of rest or nothing. I'm also running on old shoes. Conservatively, I'd estimate I've put over 600 miles on these shoes in the last 8-10 months I've had them, so it's time to dump 'em.

NOAA says the environmental conditions were 73F(23C), with dew point at 73F(23C), baro press 30.05 steady, winds ENE 5, fog. Relative humidity was probably around 100%.

I fucking loathe running in high humidity. It's no accident my fastest 10-mile time ever was clocked in melting snow, with the temperature in the high 30s.

2 comments:

  1. NO RUNNING TO JOURNEY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, right, whatever.

    q.v. opening credits to 'Vision Quest.'

    Now I know what I need to burn to MP3 so I can torment you mercilessly next week.

    ReplyDelete