Wednesday, August 18, 2004

estimate 7.2mi, 69:01

William Ackerman, "New England Morning"
Michael Manring, "Hopeful"
Chris Stamey, "14 Shades of Green"

WX at 0600: 68/20, DP 68/20, BP 30.07/1018, winds NNE 3 fog. RH 100%

The big difference between yesterday's and today's 100% relative humidity was the killing fog. Today's start was slower and more sluggish than usual.

This is a deceptive time if only because I spent about 6 minutes thrashing through the woods trying to find a bypass to a pond that's not really bypassable. I wasn't dressed to go cutting through heavy forest, so I decided to cut it back.

The majority of this run (about the middle 4mi of it) was over dirt and sand. While this slows me down a lot, my knees feel better and I still got a lot of work in due to the conditions. My form tends to be efficient to make up for lack of raw power (which might reflect itself in my abject lack of leg speed), so if I'm not running on pavement, I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment