Monday, August 09, 2004

6.1mi, 56:27

Corrosion of Conformity, "Holier"
Michael Nyman, "The Heart Asks Pleasure First" from The Piano
The Cure, "All I Want"
Corrosion of Conformity, "What(?)"
Hilary Duff, "Come Clean"
Michael Nyman, "The Heart Asks Pleasure First" from The Piano (again)

Very slow start, Z1, 13:09.
Initial 1.4mi split, 13:00.
2.0mi split, 18:29.
Final 1.4mi split, 11:48.

WX was good once again. It'll pass later this week, but I'll enjoy it while I still can:
At 0700: 60(16), DP 59(15), BP 30.18(1022), Calm. RH 93% but I'd never guess it.

What's the meaning behind all these negative splits?
1 - I did absolutely NOTHING yesterday in terms of running.
2 - The first 3 miles of this run was all burning off lactic acid and unlimbering. (Didn't stretch this morning.)
3 - With that gone, the last 3 miles or so was totally unhindered. The last 1.4mi split is significant.

And yeah, I run to Hilary Duff. I really need to be going faster to sustain the right tempo for "Come Clean." (The other song I like as running background that requires the same speed is "The Stars of Amateur Hour" by The Reputation.) That's why most of the run was punctuated by Michael Nyman.

No comments:

Post a Comment