Wednesday, August 11, 2004

estimate 4.0mi, estimate 32:40

I don't remember what was stuck in my head.

No WX report.

Shoe odometer: 11mi

I didn't log time and since I was picking some unbelievably bad places to run in Arlington, Virginia.

Arlington is a difficult place to run for a number of reasons. I never cued on the large number of high-grade hills in the Arlington area. There are very few areas that are actually flat. Most of the running I did was a credible up or down.

Couple this with all sorts of major roads converging in the same place (US 50, I-66, George Washington Parkway) and you really need to do some good scouting of the route before you decide to try to play chicken with traffic as I did this morning.

Followed by 10 universal machine lat pulldown @ 120#, 10 universal machine bench press @ 120#, and more significantly, 15 universal machine leg press @ 300-600lb. The latter is significant; I think I'll start working on those in some attempt to build fighting load speed and more leg speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment