Wednesday, February 26, 2014

6.0mi on dreadmill, 53:27, 26 FEB 14, Kabul, Afghanistan

Today is day 96 of the campaign.

iPod:
Velvet Crush, "Drive Me Down"

WX at 35 (2) 33 (1) 30.12 (1020) Variable 3 light rain, snow; mist

Odometer 13B: 179.0mi

Z4. Average/max heart rate = 163/178

First run in a while, and I felt like crap. I gritted out 6 miles on the dreadmill because I needed to, but not really for any other reason that I was delinquent the last two days. The time is not really indicative of the actual run, as I was continuing to run the clock when I stopped to get water and walked a bit.

My only reason was to burn lard, but I ran too hard to do that. Also, one of my coworkers is getting sick and I want to make sure I'm not getting what he's getting.

Today was one of the few days I ran to music - and while putting an iPod on infinite repeat is a technique, I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that approach.

As tempted I was to not go, I'm glad I did this run. The weather is pretty glum outside, so it was row or dreadmill, and I didn't feel up to erging the distance I ran.

Splits
SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST
6.00 53:27 53:27 08:54 08:54 6.00

No comments:

Post a Comment