Thursday, May 01, 2008

Distance indeterminate, time indeterminate, 1 MAY 08, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 79 of the campaign.

iThink: "The All-American Soldier" (Yes. I have no idea why.)

WX at 2130: 71 (22) DP 19 (-7) BP 29.97 (1015) N 17 RH 14

Odometer 1: 250.0mi eqivalent

Z3.

Nothing like haring a hash run that turns into a rout - I had to go to ground to avoid getting bagged. I did successfully recover and finish the run. It was messy, but most importantly, people had fun, so that was by far the most important part.

I was haring with El Gato and the unnamed coworker tonight. Good times! It was good fun, seriously.

Lesson learned: route selection, route selection, route selection. Actually, once I was warmed up, running was easier than I thought!

I don't think I've ever been in a place where the relative humidity was so low. Egad.

In the meantime, I call home and listen to my house getting hit by coin-sized pieces of hail. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment