Saturday, August 11, 2007

45 minutes on elliptical, 11 AUG 07, Clarksville TN

Aly & AJ, "Chemicals React" (in English)
Aly & AJ, "Chemicals React" (in Simlish)

WX at 1000: 89.2 (31.8) DP 66.7 (19.3) BP 30.06 (1017) E 9 clear RH 47

Odometer 4: 172.5mi constructive estimate 175mi based on relative strain

Z3.

It'd been a while since I lifted, so I went to the gym in the apartments in which I'm currently living. That wasn't so bad. I did some lat pulldowns, standing curls, bench presses, shoulder presses, and some crunches. I'm not really doing all that to beat a certain level of strength - but mostly to get stronger.

One of my coworkers from Iraq had told me I had the potential to become much bigger and stronger than I was - which ran counter to what I traditionally do to lose weight and run more, to get thinner. Lately I've changed my focus to try to see what working on strength (rather than just endurance) will do. It also gets some different energies out as I push weights rather than just wogging along.

And yes, the Aly & AJ songs stem from the Disney Channel. I like the song, fuck off.
It's not the first song, though, that I've heard done in Simlish, and the contrarian in me likes it enough for it to stick in my mind, and not in a negative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment