Wednesday, August 08, 2007

4000m on Concept2 Model C, 17:06, 7 AUG 07, Fort Campbell KY

Ultimate Fakebook, "Wrestling Leap Year"
Blue Oyster Cult, "Don't Fear the Reaper"

WX at 0600: 76.5 (24.7) DP 71.2 (21.8) BP 29.96 (1014) SW 3 mist RH 84

Odometer 4: 172.5mi N/A

Z4.

I got on the Concept this morning, and realized after about 4000m of cranking that I just didn't care, so I quit. First time, I think ever, that I've just up and called it quits for a session.

My greatly improved speed from whatever I was doing at Leavenworth was not enough incentive to try for something faster. I was gratified to have some of my old speed back; I attribute some of that to the straight wooden Model C grips, rather than the angled Model D grips.

The air temperature would exceed 100F today by the late morning. At some point I'll need to visit the barber shop and get some clean whitewalls as befits the weather.

The Kubelwagen has been having some brake problems...again. All things come in groups, it would seem. While I am not a serious believer in karma, recent events certainly have made it a lot harder to approach the challenges in the way I'd like...or should. Perhaps it's time to dust off Epictetus from the bookshelf and get my azimuth back.

Splits
Distance: 4000
Time: 0:17:06
Per 500m: 02:08
Drag Factor : 183
Per Mile: 0:06:53

No comments:

Post a Comment