Monday, December 11, 2006

6,000m on Fluid S350, 24:11, 11 DEC 06, Fort Leavenworth KS

Nothing much in the iThink except snippets of Bear McCreary, "The Shape of Things to Come"

WX at 1700: 57.9 (14.4) DP 50.0 (10.0) BP 29.9 (1012) S 13 partly cloudy RH 97%

Odometer 2: N/A.

Z3.

First things first, yes, I've changed my background. Having spent a few years jumping out of planes, I thought a C-17 and some paratroopers would be appropriate - seeing as how the last jumpmaster duty I pulled (and likely to pull in the immediate future) was out of a C-17.

There are things about the Fluid S350 that I seriously dislike.

1. There is no battery for the computer. So if there's no accumulated charge, or you stop long enough, the fucking computer resets. This is goddamn problematic when the only way to program countdown distances is to stop. The computer is too far for my arms to reach.

2. If you stop actively pulling for more than a few seconds, the fucking computer resets, even if there is enough charge.

3. The hook for the heel rest has a tendency to come out during hard spinning. This means I have to stop. This means the counter fucking resets. This means I get fucking pissed.

4. No drag factor! Wattage doesn't really mean shit relative to effort.

I like the relative speed I'm spinning, but I don't think it translates the same way. because water provides more damping, and relatively more propulsive force, I'm spinning much, much faster on the Fluid than I would on the Concept. The Fluid's computer still sucks.

At least the Fluid has a much more padded seat than the Concept. My ass hurts less when I get done, but I'd still rather be on a Concept. Looks like I need to go back to the Concept...

Splits
Distance: 6000
Time: 0:24:11
Per 500m: 02:01
Wattage 210ish
Per Mile 0:06:29

No comments:

Post a Comment