Thursday, December 07, 2006

10,000m on Fluid S350, 41:42, 7 DEC 06, Fort Leavenworth KS

Nothing in the iThink.

WX at 1700: 17.1 (-8.3) DP 1.9 (-16.7) BP 30.77 (1041) WNW 5 clear RH 50% WC 8.7 (-12.9)

Odometer 2: N/A.

Z3.

The weather had a hell of a lot to do with why I went spinning rather than running this afternoon and why I slept in this morning. It was cold this morning!

There's a new rowing machine, a Fluid S350. I'm not so sure how much I like this one, as the computer on it is just not as good as the one on the Concept Model C I've used in the past.

On the other hand, I think it represents a better workout - the return is not as spring-loaded as the Concept, and I honestly have to work harder against water than against wind resistance, probably since I get more damping from a water-based cylinder than I do from the wind-resistance one on the Concept.

The seat's a lot softer, which is always good for the tuckus. Naturally, being a new machine, it's a lot more steady than the Concept.

While I was spinning, I saw a high school kid playing some wallball with a lacrosse stick on the basketball court. Always a good sight to the eyes, to see lacrosse in the Midwest. Reminds me how much I'd like to go throwing around with, well, anyone these days.

Splits
Distance: 10000
Time: 0:41:42
Per 500m: 02:05
Drag Factor N/A
Per Mile 0:06:43

No comments:

Post a Comment