Monday, November 01, 2004

7.6mi, 60:48

Circle Jerks, "When The Shit Hits The Fan"
The Cure, "Disintegration" (live)
The Bats, "Courage"
Cheap Trick, "Mighty Wings"

WX at 0700: 62 (17), DP 62 (17), BP 30.12 (1019), SSW 2 mist, RH 100%

Odometer 2: 112.5mi

Z3 throughout. Some Z3-4 no man's land going uphill.

Today marked my first good run since the APFT, and first legitimate run in about 6 days. I think taking a taper of that magnitude was a really fucking stupid idea, especially given what I did the two days after the APFT.

Thursday: Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Except I was Dilberting my ass off at work before going to Washington DC. By itself, this was not significant, except that I was driving. Alone. Starting at 6:00pm. This was exacerbated by probably the most fat pill-laden day in recent memory. Ingested that day: 9 cookies, 4 muffins, two sticks of gum, two pieces of white cake with heavy lard icing, and for dinner, a Big Mac meal with medium fries (formerly known as "large" some twenty years ago), and a Diet Coke. ('cos I'm watching my weight. Ha.) And a Coors light when I arrived because it was free. (Thank you, Holiday Inn Priority Rewards!)

The next day, after arrival and four hours of sleep, was followed by breakfast. This was corned beef hash, three sausages, scrambled eggs, potatoes, two cups of coffee, two cups of orange juice, a big glob of grits, and a cup of yogurt. Lunch was sushi, but punctuated by six dumplings of deep fried gyoza. In soy sauce. And more Diet Coke. And more coffee. And a liter of Mountain Dew. Dinner that day was a tortilla pizza at La Casita, a restaurant in north Richmond VA. And more coffee. And hanging on for the drive back. I slept like the dead that night. And the next morning. But there's always more coffee.

Halloween was marked by excessive consumption of refined sugar products.

After this run, I feel vaguely cleansed.

Splits:
1.5 12:07 12:07 08:05
2.1 29:15 17:08 08:10
1.5 41:12 11:57 07:58
2.5 60:48 19:36 07:50

No comments:

Post a Comment