Wednesday, October 27, 2004

record APFT, 298 points

What I listened to on the way in:
Hybrid, "High Life"
Hybrid, "Accelerator"

The eventual two-mile run mantra:
The Reputation, "The Stars of Amateur Hour." So I was wrong about The Reputation.

WX at 0700: 50/10, DP 48/9, BP 30.18/1022, calm, mist, RH around 93%. Conditions were excellent, although I would've liked it just a few degrees cooler. But that's just me.

Raw scores:
80 pushups. I wasn't quite thinking straight since I did five more than I needed for a max.
78 situps. I guess I'm glad I went over - the max was 76, not 77 as I thought.
13:27 run. This was pretty good. I didn't feel as bad as I normally do after a 2-mile run and finished very strong...which makes me think I might not have gone as hard as I should've. My estimated mile split was around 6:45. This probably validates the need to do some speedwork if I'm really going to be serious about getting the 13:18 I need to max the run. It would be super-nice to max a PT test, though. It's been a long while, about 5 years, since I've last done that.

Unexpected part of this was the initial weigh-in. I ended up jettisoning some three pounds in water weight between sweating and latrine stops between arrival and completion. I was 1.75 pounds over allowable weight, which required me to get taped for body fat percentage. After all was complete, I decided on another two miles of trash mileage to burn more water, and stepped on the scale two pounds under tape cutoff.

Now I can get back to running distance to try to continue working mileage and tempo as I've been doing in the past. I should probably run on sand more, but I have to figure out how to do that at work, since there aren't too many good places to run on sand around my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment