Wednesday, October 20, 2004

~3.8mi, 31:21

Starflyer 59, "I Drive A Lot"
Theme song to Clifford's Puppy Days (since it airs Wednesday mornings on our local PBS station)

WX at 0700:66 (19), DP 64 (18), BP 29.92 (1013), winds Calm, RH 93

Odometer 1: 133mi

Z2-Z3 most of the way. My legs were tired.

Today was a little off for a variety of reasons.
1. This morning I decided to precede the run with pushups and situps. The amount of effort it took me to get to the required 75 I want next week indicates that I've fucked up my training plan for the physical fitness test. I was able to get 77 situps out but it took some work, more than I probably should expend.
2. Elizabeth was up early this morning. One of the reasons my alarm is set for 5:50am is that I'm the only one awake in the house (aside from our dog Thor, who is perpetually wanting to go outside, in spite of his age (12). She wanted to watch me "go out," as she said, albeit from the outside. The one thing I did NOT want was to have her sitting outside waiting in pajamas for 40 minute while I ran back, so I sent her inside.
3. WX, WX, WX. Warmest morning in a while, combined with...
4. Bad hair day. It's been two weeks since I got a haircut and it is now bothering me so much that I voluntarily turned back my run early today to get in for a haircut before I have to go to work. I think I'll have to revisit my two week interval between haircuts. It'll probably have to go back to being a weekly affair. Call me a weenie, but heat management is a big deal for me. An important part of that is having clean whitewalls to facilitate that process.

Splits
1.4: 12:36. No other splits recorded.

1 comment: