Wednesday, October 13, 2004

4.0mi, 34:31

The Cure, "Burn"
Descendents, "Thank You"
The Reputation, 'The Stars of Amateur Hour"

WX at 1700: 80(27), DP 62(17), BP 29.53(1000), winds SW 6, RH estimated 55%

Z3 on easy parts, Z4 when I got my breath back. Z5 short climb in one part. No HRM.

This was supposed to be a tempo run, or something fast enough to get through before I hjad to go home. I'm finding that running during the lunch hour is a hell of a lot harder than I thought, because there's always something else that's going on. On the other hand, it's been taking a lot more effort trying to get up early enough to get morning runs in.

Two exacerbating factors today behind time versus effort, one being that it was mostly on sand, and two, that the course is almost all hills. I'm sure the times were misleading based on it being mostly on hills. The distance back was overall downhill, which would explain the 81 second negative split. The Z5 climb was near the midpoint going out before the turnaround.

There are no really good places to do speedwork around work or home, but I probably should do at least ONE speed workout before taking the physical fitness test.

Splits:
2.0mi out 17:56 [8:58]
2.0mi back 34:31 (16:35) [8:18]

No comments:

Post a Comment