Saturday, November 06, 2004

7.6mi, 57:58

Jerry Goldsmith, "Take Us Out" from the soundtrack to Rudy
The Bats, "Courage"
Chris Stamey, "14 Shades of Green"
Michael Kamen, Band of Brothers Suite 2 (again, and again, and again)

WX at 0700: 37 (3), DP 35 (2), BP 30.10 (1019), winds Calm, RH 93%

Odometer 2: 120mi

Z3 no man's land. I was trying to get some good oxygen debt going, although probably more on the aerobic than anaerobic side.

I don't want to make a habit of taking long breaks from runs, but with my Desert Storm paper complete (for a correspondence course I'm taking), it's time to make up the training I lost and the to lose the fat I inevitably gained.

This was almost a personal record, but unlike the earlier time on 16 October, I was wearing some winter weather gear (versus just skivvy shorts and a t-shirt). The times were also a clear progression, and the last split (the most important) was significantly faster than the standing PR. I think had I been wearing less than tights, a sweatshirt, gloves and a headgator, I might have run faster, but then I might be slathering Vaseline over my legs to cover cracked skin. It's all relative.

I don't know why I'm beating one particular track from the Band of Brothers soundtrack to death (apart from its excellence), but there is too much of a good thing.

Then again, there is one song guaranteed to stick in your head for days afterwards, and that's Daisy Chainsaw's "Love Your Money." I ripped that song to MP3 from disk, but there's a reason I don't listen to it much...

Splits
1.5 11:35 11:35 07:43
2.1 28:01 16:26 07:50
1.5 39:23 11:22 07:35
2.5 57:58 18:35 07:26

No comments:

Post a Comment