Monday, May 31, 2010

The duties of memory

I had occasion to visit Arlington National Cemetery today. It was something, more or less, that I felt obligated to do. I visited four people I had known personally, and one I got into a hellacious amount of trouble for quoting in public. I hadn't realized there'd be officials present at Section 60, where I usually go, but I would've gone whether they were there or not.

It did require me to park my vehicle elsewhere and ride the Metro in, then walk from the Metro stop to Section 60. I didn't really notice it at all. My mind was elsewhere.

RIP: Tom Witt, Don Eacho, Aaron Weaver, Matt Lourey, Matt Worrell, Bill Engeman, Jon Grassbaugh, Jason Swiger, Gary Vasquez, Brian Mescall, Niall Lyons, and Dan Whitten.

So say we all.

No comments:

Post a Comment