Thursday, August 05, 2010

1.9mi + 5,000m on Concept2 Model E, 21:58, 5 AUG 10, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas

iThink:
Lush, "Hypocrite"
Lush, "Lovelife"

WX at 0700: 72.0 (22.2) DP 71.1 (21.7) BP 29.98 (1015) N 3 fog RH 96

Odometer 2: 188.8mi equivalency

Z4.
Average/max heart rate = no reading

The gym nearer my house has a battery of five Concept2 Model E ergs, so I decided to get back at it figuring I didn't need to do two runs over 4mi back to back yet. (Oh how the mighty have fallen.)

Run + erg + run was always challenging since rowing just destroyed me for the run back. It would take at least a 1km recovery before I even felt okay running again, and today was no exception.

The other reason I felt more motivated to row this morning is that it directly feeds my physical therapy that I've been doing to strengthen my back given that I have a compressed spine. Yay me.

I'm pretty sure I'm not ready to do much beyond 5,000m right now. If I'm working hard just to hold 2:12/500m I have some work to do.

This morning's iThink stems from ripping parts of the Lush album Split, a disk I bought less than a month after graduating from college. I remember this peculiarly since I was driving around Fort Bragg in summer 1994 listening to that album...and the Circle Jerks' "Gig." The other album I was ripping was my old Minor Threat Discography, in some vain attempt to rediscover my childhood, or at least my teenage years. Minor Threat might be a bit precocious even for my girls, even if I wish I had the discipline to be straight edge again. I took that iconoclasm in other directions.

Splits
Distance: 5000
Time: 00:21:58
Avg/500m: 02:12
Drag Factor: 106
Per Mile: 00:07:04

No comments:

Post a Comment