Sunday, August 02, 2009

3.0mi + lift, 27:16, 3 AUG 09, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas

iThink: Dos Gringos, "The O.N.E. Song"

WX at 1000: 73.0 (22.8) DP 60.1 (15.6) BP 30.05 (1017) SSW 10 RH 63

Odometer 4: 330.5mi

Z3.
Average/max heart rate = no reading.

I'm not sure how much life these shoes have left, but they seem to be holding up okay.

I find that being around lots of children tends to really get under my skin. My older nephew asked me why I don't have Silly Putty anymore, to which my answer was "I'm not a kid anymore."

As a kid, I was always interested in doing adult things. My eventual career choice was an early interest of mine, and I was interested in some of the esoterica of astronomy, physics, and history. I suspect I was one of the few people who actually checked out books on the Great Depression from my lower school library, but part of it was because we'd done Annie as the school musical that year (I was in third grade) and I wanted to know more about the historical background of the musical. Likewise reading about London when we'd done Mary Poppins the year prior. (The Sound of Music the next year didn't elicit that same interest in Austria, though.) I couldn't wait to grow up, and it's no accident that I need to be around adults.

There are some possibly unpleasant conclusions to be made about interests and intellect in light of that.

Speaking of interests and intellect, being around kids for a long while brings my sometimes-dormant Dos Gringos side out, and I must admit, there's something real therapeutic about lyrics that read

Well I was inverted when I realized what had happened
And I reached for the other stick just in time
But before I'd could get to Captain Winky
He'd done shot off him mouth
And a 9-G jizz hit me right between the eyes
So I raised my seat and set the autopilot
And think about Heat's mom in a t-shirt in the rain
You don't have to call me lucky, you dipshit motherfucking crank
When I tried to rub one out inside my plane

I'm not a kid any more.

Splits
SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST
1.51 13:36 13:36 09:00 09:00 1.51
1.51 27:16 13:40 09:03 09:02 3.02

No comments:

Post a Comment