Sunday, February 15, 2009

Background music

During my time in Afghanistan, for whatever reason, I get particular songs stuck in my head right after waking up. I'm not sure why, or what the reason is behind whatever song, but it is interesting occasionally, as some come completely unbidden. This morning is no exception as I haven't listened to U2 in years - and yet, "Like A Song" from their album War is this morning's background music.

Other improbable ones have included "My Flaming Red Bobsled" by Cub and innumerable Dos Gringos songs. Indeed, if I had to think of a wryly appropriate soundtrack for this tour, Dos Gringos is as good as any, unless that's just because I'm thinking about Jeremiah Weed more often than otherwise - although that has figured prominently as a running mantra over the last year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment