Wednesday, February 04, 2009

2.95mi simulated, 30:00, 5 FEB 09, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 359 of the campaign.

iThink: None.

WX at 0130: 33 (1) DP 33 (1) BP 29.97 (1015) SE 2 mist RH 100

Odometer 4: 99.2mi

Z2.
Average/max heart rate = 117/133

First PT in almost a week, I think. At least it feels like it. We are going through the finish of our last major order, and I think it's probably the best order we've collectively written. It also reflects my extremely coercive view of the nature of my work and has been goddamn near all-consuming lately.

I've also found that as I've been downrange, I have progressively less and less to talk with Household6. She lives in a universe that is utterly alien to the attitude that sometimes terrible things have to be done because they are necessary. This is my reality.

It is no accident that I had the lyrics to Throwing Muses' "Shimmer" in my head this morning when I stepped out to work: "it don't rain under the water, it don't rain inside my heart."

Continuing to work my way through Keri Hulme's The Bone People. There are some parallels to my own life, it seems, from time to time, with that book. Not that I'm Maori or anything.

No splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment