Saturday, February 14, 2009

10,000m on Concept2 Model D, 44:30, 15 FEB 09, Kabul, Afghanistan

Day 369 of the campaign.

iThink:
The All-American Rejects, "Move Along"

WX at 0130: 23 (-5) DP 15 (-9) BP 30.18 (1022) NNW 6 RH 73 WC 15 (-9)

Odometer 3: (+1.0 from elliptical+50% on spinner) 331.9mi

Z3, Z5 finish.
Average/max heart rate = 155/183

I was waiting on someone who was on the Concept2, and his form was just painful to watch, so I decided to save it for later tonight.

Problem was, it wasn't tonight. It was a day and a half later, and I attacked the Concept2 with a vengeance. I was concentrating on smooth form, and as usual, found that I was pulling an average faster time without really worrying about the clock or the time when I was concentrating on smooth, consistent form.

I still have a ways to go, although I will admit being at 5,000 feet probably makes a difference.

I'm glad there's a Concept2 here, although I have to admit I'm more partial to a Model C, which has been out of production for a long, long while.

Courage might mean hanging on for a moment longer. It sure meant that for me cranking away to finish in 44:30 - after most of this was spent with an estimated finish time of 44:50. I guess this is an example of "if I want it that bad, I'll kill it into existence" on the spinner...or to quote Frank Miller, from Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, "You sold us out, Clark. You gave them the power that should have been ours. Just like your parents taught you to. My parents taught me a different lesson...lying on the street, shaking in deep shock, dying for no reason at all. They showed me that the world only makes sense when you force it to."

And so ends another Valentine's Day...

Splits
Distance: 10000
Time: 00:44:31
Per 500m: 02:14
Drag Factor : 190
Per Mile: 00:07:10

1 comment:

  1. “Now listen to me, all of you. You are all condemned men. We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well, and live.” -- Quintus Arrius, Ben Hur.

    ReplyDelete