Tuesday, January 13, 2009

6.0 simulated, 55:42, 14 JAN 09, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 337 of the campaign.

iThink: The Smiths, "Cemetry Gates" (thinking about the Oscar Wilde book I still have in my vertical file at my desk)

WX at 0730: 32 (0) DP 30 (-1) BP 30.33 (1027) NNW 3 big hairy clods of snow; mist RH 92

Odometer 4: 58.8mi

Z4.
Average/max heart rate = no reading - the heart rate reading on the elliptical wasn't working.

There are big wet hairy snowflakes coming out of the sky, and it's motivational. Motivational enough to get me into the gym because I'm too much of a wimp to go outside.

Goal was to crank on the elliptical until the calorie counter hit 1000. I did that in 55:42, and I wasn't too concerned about distance. I needed to because I'm starting to get rounded and somewhat fat. Not acceptable.

I'm not so desperate that I'll hit the dreadmill. Yet.

I think if I can get back on a reasonable discipline, then I may just hit the elliptical for 30 minutes daily if I don't do anything else. I've become dilatory and the commandment of "if you do only one thing, it had better be PT" has fallen by the wayside. That has to change.

No Splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment