Sunday, January 18, 2009

3.1mi simulated, 30:00, 19 JAN 09, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 342 of the campaign.

iThink: None.

WX at 0130: 28 (-2) DP 19 (-7) BP 30.18 (1022) WNW 3 RH 68

Odometer 3: 304.5mi

Z3 low.
Average/max heart rate = 135 or so

I was almost about to chicken out, but I decided go for thirty minutes of easy work. That was punctuated by surfing the web. Oops.

I'm hoping tomorrow dries out enough where I can run the perimeter. Maybe.

Still not sure if I've gotten past my ire at the incompetent and unprofessional. That, or there's Grey's Law: "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."

Tonight's book: Keri Hulme, The Bone People. I'd gladly read any kind of literature - and this one is sufficiently off the beaten path to be worthy of real effort. It's not like I expect to read New Zealand literature about the Maori while I'm in Afghanistan.

No Splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment