Wednesday, January 14, 2009

3.6mi simulated, 30:00, 15 JAN 09, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 338 of the campaign.

iThink: Douglas Fulton, theme music to the video game "Skyfox" (Electronic Arts, 1983)

WX at 0730: 30 (-1) DP 30 (-1) BP 30.33 (1027) WNW 7 mist RH 100 WC 23

Odometer 3: 301.4mi

Z3.
Average heart rate = about 130 or so.

When it's wet and soupy, I don't want to run outside. Because I don't feel like it.

I did, however, set my alarm to wake me up to get in thirty minutes of almost desultory work on the elliptical. This morning falls partly in the junk miles category, but it's also to build up momentum. This is an issue of willpower - if I plan properly, I can spare the 30 minutes a day for the workout and some time associated with everything else just to ensure that my physical training program for that day doesn't mean "do nothing but eat."

The theme music to Skyfox stems is actually from being subjected to some NBA basketball game. That made me think of another ancient (i.e., 1982 or 1983) EA video game called Larry Bird and Dr. J. One-on-One - whose theme music was Scott Joplin's "The Entertainer" - and then it reminded me of what would stick in the back of my head.

Yes, I feel old.

No Splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment