Thursday, January 08, 2009

1.5mi hash, time indeterminate, 8 JAN 09, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 331 of the campaign.

iThink: Death Cab for Cutie, "The Ice Is Getting Thinner"

WX at 2230: 26 (-3) 21 (-6) 30.33 (1027) WNW 2 haze; smoke RH 81

Odometer 3: 298.8mi

Z3-Z4.
Average/max heart rate = 155/175

Good lord, first hash in almost a month. The cold weather is not helping much for people coming out and hashing, and I decided to hare since I didn't want to go very far and I wasn't expecting many people tonight. As it turns out, my trail was about the right length. Total distance to the finish was actually a little over a mile. I decided not to build in any long trails leading to dead ends, and I didn't employ any of the usual tricks I use to screw with the pack.

It was well-received, which is always a good sign, but I realize that my philosophies about laying trail are pretty well ingrained - but seem to work here - especially with less experienced hashers who are looking for flour in places - so I was especially obvious. And it worked.

Circle was in a pleasantly warm (very warm) room, but the beer was room temperature, ironically since the temperature outside is...below freezing.

There's another in two weeks, but I won't have to hare that one...for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment