Wednesday, October 31, 2007

~9.5mi, time indeterminate, 31 OCT 07, Fort Campbell KY

Herbert Howells, "Coventry Antiphon"

WX at 0600: 44.1 (6.7) DP 39.0 (3.9) BP 30.23 (1023) SE 5 RH 82

Odometer 4: 274.5mi

Z3.

I was helping to dead hare a dead hare hash. Total length of the hash was about 6.2mi, I prelaid another segment of about 3-3.5mi. The distance didn't bother me, although the hot spots from blisters about to start and some chafing from my PT uniform did.

Still, for not doing much over the last few days, I was gratified to be able to do a long run of this magnitude. Yay.

The Herbert Howells cue comes from what I've been listening to at work lately, which is Howells' Requiem. Four years of chapel services at St Christopher's = intermittent bits of Herbert Howells in the morning. The other organ composer who got steady rotation at chapel preludes was Friederich Buxteheude.

No Splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment