Thursday, October 25, 2007

35 min on elliptical, 25 OCT 07, Clarksville TN

The Police, "Synchronicity II"
"Jerusalem" (the 19th century hymn)

WX at 0800: 48.9 (9.4) 46.9 (8.3) 29.88 (1011) NE 8 light rain; mist RH 92

Odometer 4: 265.0mi estimate.

Z4.
Average heart rate before start = 155

I am a weenie. I didn't feel like going out running today, so I chickened out once again and hit the elliptical. This was at increased resistance and I was attempting to hold a fairly hard pace - by the estimate on the machine, I was burning about 14-15 kcal/min. The goal was 15, which I exceeded for a little while, but for whatever reason or another didn't hit.

I'm always wary of calorie counters on machines, since I felt like I worked a lot harder today to get what I got than what I would have had I run. I usually try to avoid running on dreadmills unless there is no other choice; the utter and complete lack of scenery just kills me - and I have much more control over my own pace/destiny on an elliptical where I don't have to worry about being thrown off.

And...as to a self-avowed atheist thinking of a hymn during a workout...I watched Calendar Girls on disk last night, which I enjoyed greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment