Friday, October 12, 2007

35min on elliptical, 12 OCT 07, Clarksville TN

Material Issue, "International Pop Overthrow"

WX at 0700: 39.0 (3.9) DP 37.0 (2.8) BP 30.02 (1016) Calm RH 92

Odometer 4: 254mi equivalent.

Z3 high.

I was working a whole lot harder than I expected to for just getting on the elliptical and just muddling through this morning's drudge festival.

This was a morning which I very easily could have just spent sleeping in, and I was mightily tempted to do. Of course, finding out that former Vice President Al Gore was among a group awarded the Nobel Peace Prize started the morning on a strange piece of cognitive dissonance, perhaps more so since I haven't seen An Inconvenient Truth.

Some heavy lifting, but not much of it prior to the elliptical session. Only two sets of bench/incline press, lat pulldowns, standing curls, and rectus abdominus ab crunches prior to 35 minutes of surprisingly harder work than I expected.

I was really surprised to have the refrain from Material Issue's "International Pop Overthrow" in the back of my head for the first time in almost 15 years. I had seen them live in the summer of 1992, and remembered the news with some regret that Jim Ellison, their lead singer, had committed suicide in 1996.

No splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment