Saturday, May 26, 2007

5000m on Fluid S350, 20:42, DATE, Fort Leavenworth KS

Nothing in the iThink.

WX at 1000: 70.0 (21.1) DP 64.9 (18.3) BP 30.1 (1019) SSW 12 RH 84

Odometer 3: 289.5mi N/A

Z3 high.

I'm never quite sure how to interpret my results when I spin on the Fluid. The Washing Machine, as my occasional running partner calls it, tends to give fast readings, even at low levels of resistance. This differs from the Concept, where low levels of resistance also register low levels of relative speed. Then again, the Fluid has a terrible computer and no real computation of drag factor other than wattage, which is always sketchy.

Still, I was gratified to spin 20:42 for 5000m, a time which I haven't run since I was 21. I doubt I'd have spun the same thing on the Concept, but that's okay.

What is also okay, is Johns Hopkins advancing to the national Division I final! They'll rematch the 2005 game where Duke and Hopkins fought it out in a close one for the national title. This year, though, I think it's going to Duke. Not that I don't want Hopkins to win - any year that Hopkins wins the national championship is good - but Duke brought out the heat in Baltimore this weekend.

I find it disgustingly ironic that I move just outside of Kansas City and I see more lacrosse on TV than I ever did in North Carolina.

Splits
Distance: 5000
Time: 0:20:42
Per 500m: 02:04
Drag Factor : 6
Per Mile: 0:06:40

No comments:

Post a Comment