Saturday, March 04, 2006

0.9mi+4.25mi, 30:36, 4 MAR 06, COB Speicher IZ

The Reputation, “The Stars of Amateur Hour”

WX at 0700: 50, DP 46, BP 29.94, 2@350

Odometer 1: 31.0mi

Z4, Z5 finish.

I ran the Women’s History Month 5K. Well, it was advertised as a 5K. I don’t want to get too fucking animated, but there are certain standards of race administration that seem to be lacking every time we go out and do this shit. Two things in particular: no one vetted the course for distance before the race, which was painfully apparent when I passed the turn-around point and it most certainly wasn’t at 1.55mi. The other thing was that the finish chute was not properly choked at finish. If you’re going to set a finish, choke the field before you cross the finish line so you receive runners in order.

The last time the scoring was all fucked up; there were people scored who didn’t even show up. I await the results to see how jacked up the results for this one are.

I felt I was reasonably competitive and after the first 20 minutes, I was in gear at a good Z3/Z4 pace, but that’s not the goddamn point.

SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST 7k-not-5k
4.27 30:36 30:36 07:10 07:10 4.27 Hardball

No comments:

Post a Comment