Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My Favorite Glass Tit suckage of All Time

30 minutes on the incline climber. The Concept2 ergometer at the gym here is so low on battery power that it's nonfunctional. Suck. I could just put on the heart monitor and just go off perceived effort and heart rate, but I guess that's an experiment for later this week.

The WX this morning was awesome. See if it holds tomorrow since I intend to sneak in a 10-miler tomorrow morning.

On the news front, a show I thought would never make it onto disk showed up at Best Buy today.

Clumsy pilot that culminated in some of the best writing I've ever seen in a science fiction show. A show that gets "the mood" right is rare, particularly on a topic that sparks the kind of nitnoiding that I normally do for most military-related shows.

But about a decade ago, Space: Above and Beyond was #1 on my weekly hit parade. Funny how I transitioned from watching My So-Called Life a year prior to watching S:AAB.

MSCL also left me with a big quandary, as I had to choose between three shows on the three major TV networks at the time (1994) all in the same time bracket: MSCL, Earth2, and Due South. I guess my predilection to redheads had something to do with it; aside from the excellence of the scripts on MSCL, I was a softy for Claire Danes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, she was 15 at the time. But that's not the point. (q.v., JWER on Hilary Duff)

But that's not the point right now. I mean, Space: Above and Beyond is on muthafuckin DVD! Never thought that'd happen.

Of course, Household6 is on the warpath again and has the ass, so maybe I shouldn't leave that prominently sitting around the house. To describe tonight's conversation as peremptory might be, well, a mild understatement...since, charitably speaking, she was fucking pissed.

2 comments: