Monday, February 28, 2005

The Most Fucking Worthless Academics I've Ever Seen

I'm taking the US Army Command and General Staff Officer Course through correspondence.

My latest piece of homework was returned no-go. The sad thing is that it's a paper that I probably could've written with minimal effort as a college student. The hard part is sequestering myself for long enough to actually fucking write something that meets the standards of the course.

The only reason I'm doing the school by correspondence is because I don't want to go on three months of FGFOT (Field Grade Fucking Off Time) doing a course that is potentially not going to teach me something but is a regulatory requirement for eligibility for promotion.

Of course, my curriculum covers largely irrelevant bullshit like major combat operations against a Soviet combined arms army. Like that's going to ever happen now.

My ire at having to do required schoolwork that I patently think is a giant crock o' shit is magnified by the realization that I really don't give a flying fuck about the schoolwork and I'm just trying to check the block to get the required diploma.

This validates just about everything I thought about the coursework from the start, which is to quote an old armored cavalry idiom, WAFWOT.

What A Fucking Waste Of Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment